Thread: How to setup Corsair H90 Liquid Cooler on Intel Core i5 processor

How to setup Corsair H90 Liquid Cooler on Intel Core i5 processor

I want some help to fix up Corsair H90 liquid cooler on my friends system. His pc was heating a lot due to which he ordered a new liquid cooler. It is a big size cooler that has 140mm fan. I tried to fit that in the system but it is a bit complicated. The cooler has pipers and the part which fix on the processor has nothing. I am bit confused in using the same. I tried to checkout some videos on web but most of them are showing the package content. They are not showing the assembly here.

Re: How to setup Corsair H90 Liquid Cooler on Intel Core i5 processor

Refer the manual. Each of this liquid cooler comes with a manual that has full processor of setting up the cooler. It is bit easy to setup. Corsair H90 is one of the most simplest cooler to fit on any board. It is easy to handle and works nicely.

When you open the package you can see a set of different retention rings in it. There are in total 3 and along with that you will also get two motherboard cutouts. This is going to be fitted on the backside of board. First I need more information on your processor and motherboard. The cpu which you are using belongs to which generation. It is first, second or third generation. You have to use the prescribed retention ring on the basis of that. You have to first apply the ring on the cpu cooler and then on the bottom you have to fix retention clip. This is a simple assembly. Then add the screws and place the motherboard cutout on the bottom. Place the cooler over the same and done. You have to ensure that it is fixed properly. Go try searching on YouTube there is a full assembly guide available through which you can find the enter process of using it.

The assembly is simple here. There are videos no YouTube and the cooler also has a manual that shows the entire process of assembly. You can use that. Corsair H90 is very simple to install. Just check the fitting parts.

There is a guide on YouTube. I had seen that. It has a simple way to do the same. You just have to hook the retention rings properly with retention clip and attaching screws to it. The complication lies in fixing the motherboard cutout. Which is placed at the bottom side of the board. You have to remove the existing cut-out. And then fix the compatible one. Then only it is going to work. You have ensure that you will need to fix it properly and do not make more tight. You must apply a good quality thermal paste. This is very important. Poor quality thermal paste will keep the system heated. So get a good one and then test the same. If you think the cooler is not properly placed you can take help from some expert.

Corsair H90 liquid cooler comes with simple assembly. You might be finding complication on hooking the motherboard cutout. Sometime it did not match. And the cooler package has only two available. They must give more of different shapes.

You only require to take care about fitting the same on motherboard. I am have a Gigabyte Z77XUPH board. The cutout of this cooler is not compatible with my board. I tried to connect the same but it is not working. I tried many things to fix the same. Without a proper setup the cooler is not going to fit well. I am now trying to find out more accessories for this cooler. I am unable to understand why it does not fit my socket. Other things are easy. You just have to choose the clip respective to your socket and apply it on the cooler. Add the screws and done. It will work fine. Place the fan properly so that it does not block access to anything. There must be a good space in your cpu cabinet for proper air ventilation.

To fix the same properly try not to spoil the thermal paste. It is pre-applied on the cooler. Second go on YouTube and try to locate some videos through which you can understand how it actually fits.