Thread: How to clone a hard drive to SSD

How to clone a hard drive to SSD

Can anyone tell me how do I close a hard drive and copy it on a SSD? I am using my laptop and would be doing it on it only. So, if somebody can tell me a step by step procedure or can give me a link to a good website for some guide then it will be very helpful. I am using the Usb 2.0 external hard drive as well. Thanks

Re: How to clone a hard drive to SSD

There are many programs available to clone a hard drive. You can try to use the Norton Ghost software to clone the hard drive to the ssd. But for that you will require a usb to sata connector so that you can connect the ssd that you have into the usb port for cloning. You can also try to connect both drive in your laptop and then start the process of cloning easily.

You can also use EASEUS Todo Backup Home Edition software to backup data for Windows. It allows you to create images of your hard drives to always keep a copy of your system and your data. With this program, you can create an image of all your data and it will be possible to re-extract or clone on another drive without any problems. EASEUS Todo Backup Home Edition also allows you to mount/unmount an image to read the content

I use MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition software. It divides all data from your hard drive in precise order to analyze them more easily. Faulty programs are repaired or even removed, which makes a significant space on your hard drive. The program provides a visual animation of the status of your hard drive including all the necessary functions. You can then choose between the FAT or NTFS format, convert MBR disk to GPT and vice versa, etc.