Thread: problem after upgrading firmware on Corsair Force Series 3 SSD

problem after upgrading firmware on Corsair Force Series 3 SSD

I am using a Corsair Force Series 3 60 GB SSD. Recently I saw that there was a firmware upgrade for this SSD that was version 5.05. So, I updated it to this latest firmware but after that I noticed that the SSD used to stop quite often. So I downgraded it back to 5.03 version of the firmware and now it started to completely freeze upon starting the computer. Is there anyone who can tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: problem after upgrading firmware on Corsair Force Series 3 SSD

You can try to Secure Erase your Corsair SSD with Parted Magic and see if that works. First download the parted magic software by searching it on google and then get a bootable media prepared. After that load Parted Magic and choose option 1. After that choose the Erase Disk option. After sometime on the main menu go to System Tools and choose Erase disk. Now choose the Internal: Secure Erase option that will write zeroes to every other data. Now choose the disk that you want to erase. Now you need to verify the command to erase the selected drive as shown by the software and after sometime this process will be completed. Now test the SSD again.

I am also using a Corsair Force 3 SSD and have just updated the 5.05a firmware day before yesterday. The installation was smooth without any issues but if I am checking in the Updater Tool then it is showing me firmware 5.05 and not 5.05a. I even checked with the Intel RST and ASSD tool but still it was showing me the same old firmware? So, is there some kind of bug in this new firmware?

Can you both try to install the latest firmware freshly and see if that helps. To do that, first update the firmware on your SSD to the latest version and then update the BIOS of you motherboard as well. Now try to secure erase the SSD and then remove all drives and clear the CMOS on the mobo. After that plugin only the SSD and CD/DVD drive which has your Windows installation disk and install Windows on the SSD without formatting it.