Thread: Need explanation on different psu certification

Need explanation on different psu certification

I was giong to buy a new psu for my system. I checkout out some models under Corsiar. I had seen they are marked separately as gold, silver or bronze. And sometime it is also makred as 80 plus. What does this certification means. I had seen more cheaper psu's in the market which don't have this kind of markings on them. I need some help here to locate the best one and also under budget.

Re: Need explanation on different psu certification

This certification how efficient this psu are. Like most commonly you are gong to see 80plus. This certification means the power supply that you are buying is efficient in terms of energy usages. It is 80% efficient compared to other products.

It is right that sometime it is confusing to locate a good psu. Even after they have the high amount of certification it will not give you the kind of output you are looking for. Most of the low end psu does not come with any kind of certification or additional stuff. Sometime I found this a kind fo marketing stuff. They just add some sticker on the psu showing that they are selling superior product. If you need something better check under Antec. They are selling a best psu that offer clean energy to your system. It is nicely designed and effective also. I had seen a huge amount of psu in the market. Most of them works in the same way. But some are different and designed for gaming pc. They are more costly. Choose one on the basis of your requirement. You can find a simple models which are designed for a regular pc and are good enough to give constant output.

This certification does not help much when you are going for a budget psu. If you want to buy a costly one then go for it. Or else go for anything cheaper and done. I think the most common one is a 240w psu available for all systems.

Many branded psu are safe enough for your system. But they are more costly compare to what we are getting in our system. Brands like Antec, offer you great power supply and it is a kind of one time investment. To get a psu first checkout how much power does your system needs. You can go on internet and find out a calculator that has details about the same. You can through that locate the amount of wattage you need and through that you can buy a new psu. This will help you to determine the amount of budget you need to spend for the new power supply. It is always recommended that you must go with the psu which has a very high rating. Low rating power supply will cause issue. You can find that on the feature list. Every new psu works fine, what matters the kind of output it is going to give you after a year.

Most of them are marked as 80plus. This are good one and more efficient in terms of providing constant power to your system. It works really well and does not lag or freeze at all. 80plus is a kind of efficiency level. This higher it is, the better it will be.

There are different certification that shows how efficient the psu is. A poor psu can damage your system component. Many people use their system for overclocking.They spend a really good amount is buying a costly power supply. Because if you are using a poor one then the life of your hardware is reduced. So it is important that you must get a good one from start. Different type of psu comes with different certification. Like the most common one is 80 Plus. Then comes 80 Plus Bronze, 80 Plus Silver, 80 Plus Gold, 80 Plus Platinum & 80 Plus Titanium. The better you buy the better output you will get. There are some good power supply unit which are good enough to give you long lasting output. Buy one from a good brand.

I had switched to Antec from a regular psu. It was the regular 240w psu that was not enough for gaming purpose. So I got a better one from Antec. It is costly but enough to trust for long wrong. My system has stopped giving me blue screen after that.