Thread: Blue screen error with Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB

Blue screen error with Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB

I had installed a new SSD in my system. The ssd model is Neutron GTX 240GB. This is a just a month old drive. After connecting this to my system I am getting blue-screen error. The error appeared only after when I had attached the drive. Before that the system was working nice. I had installed Windows 7 on the SSD. I thought this will boost up the system performance and offer me a better output. But things are entirely different here. The system is crashing.

Re: Blue screen error with Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB

Replace the hard drive. Contact the seller and send it back. The drive is not proper due to which you are getting the error. I will recommend you to get it replaced. It happens sometime you get faulty products.

Before getting on any conclusion there are something you can test. First you have to find out what is the cause of that error. You can go in Event Viewer which is located inside Control Panel and locate the error code. Post the error code here or search on it on Google. You will get a huge description about the problem that you can use to fix the problem you are facing. Second thing you have to go in the bios and checkout the settings for SSD. Sometime the system requires a hybrid mode of drive detection and when it is set on one it might crash instantly. You can also try changing the SSD cable and find out. SSD's from Kingston get regular firmware update. This boost their output. So you can do that also. Run a fresh firmware update and see what output you are getting after that.

Bluescreen error is directly associated with the hardware. You will have to remove the newly attached hard drive and look for some other solution. Try to locate a compatible or working hard drive.

One better option to avoid this kind of error is updating the bios. Old bios does not work really well with the new hardware. Once this things are updated you just have to connect and try out. The system will work fine. So go on the official motherboard manufacturers website and get the latest and new bios version. You can flash your system through that and then test back. This will be more easier to fix the problem. I had seen a number of various problem solved once you run the bios update. This will avoid the error. But after if you still get the same kind of error then you will have to contact the SSD vendor. Or you can test it on some other system. There are chances that you got a damage product.

Try to change the cable that you are using. I got the error when I connected a old secondary hard drive to the system. After replacing the cable the issue was resolved. There was no problem at all after that.

Can be a bad hard drive. You can try testing the hard drive on some other working system. It happens a number of time that you might receive a damage product or sometime the drive is not fitted well in the system. You have to checkout each and every aspect of your system. I got the issue with memory. I got a new kit of 2 rams which were ddr3 8GB. My system was having a great motherboard but it failed to work after adding the new ram. The issue was with compatibility. I found that later on. At this point you cannot even return the product because it is not damaged. But it is not compatible. So in your cause your hardware might also be not compatible with the system and giving out the issue.

I am using a ssd in my system and it works well. It really boost up the system output. The boot time is more and system also perform in a better way. I will advice you to contact the person who sold you this thing. Tell him it is damage and ask for a replacement.