Thread: Docking device for Macbook

Docking device for Macbook

Where to get good docking solution for Macbook. I need one that can give me simple connectivity options. I had seen one at a nearby mall, but that is quiet costly and it has a fan. I do not think Mac needs a additional cooling option. I need a reasonable dock through which I can add a number of different devices on the device. Something which can help me to place the system well on the table.

Re: Docking device for Macbook

To get a good dock you have to first mention your requirements. There are thunderbolt docks, there are docks with speakers and with fans. So that actually you need. If you need a dock for having usb ports then you can go with a usb hub.

There are very few models available for macbook. You can take a look on Zenboxx. This dock give you 3 usb ports with audio jack and firewire port also. It is very easy to use. It fits well on the left side of macbook increasing the connectivity options. This is a simple dock which is productive and helpful in many ways. You can connect the macbook on dual monitor with simple connection. The best part of this dock is that you don't have to mess with cables. It looks a bit more organized. And if you need something only to increase the usb port then there is a tiny model available. Have a look on Macdock. It is a minimal dock which has two usb ports that can extend the connection. There are different models available on the same. You can go ahead on the official website and checkout the docks. I am sure you will like this one.

What type of dock you want. Do you need something for usb or a thunderbolt dock. There are different models available. Henge Dock is quiet impressive in terms of design and look. Or you can also go on ebay to locate more models.