Thread: I replaced the fan on my FX-8350 and now it won't boot.

I replaced the fan on my FX-8350 and now it won't boot.

After replacing the stock fan of AMD FX-8350 my system failed to boot. I am not able to turn it on. I had tried a number of different things to make it work, but I am not able to figure out what is the problem. There is no power on the board. The cpu was heating due to which I replaced the fan and still this is giving out a problem. Does adding the old stock fan back will fix the issue.

Re: I replaced the fan on my FX-8350 and now it won't boot.

No I do not think so, there is some other problem. Try to disconnect all the hardware from the system. Just leave keyboard. Then remove the ram and clean the edge and place it back. And try once again. This might resolve the issue.

You might have done something wrong at the time of removing fan. So you have to remove the process and add it back. Open your cpu case and disconnect all the cables. Remove the ram and other connection. Then remove the fan and processor also. Ensure that you have clean the top part. Apply a new thermal paste on it and then fit the fan. Connect the cpu power and fan power cable on the board. Then one by one connect everything. Clean the ram edges and place it back. Then connect your keyboard mouse only and turn it on. Check that your power supply is working. The cpu fan will start spinning when there is power in the system. I hope this will resolve the issue. Try to change the power cable if still the system fails to boot. But if after trying everything nothing works then the last option left is to show it to a technician.

You did some mistake while removing the stock fan. Or the new fan is not placed properly. I will advice you to check the connection properly and fix everything back in its place. Take some help from person who knows to assemble system.