Thread: recover data from dead Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive

recover data from dead Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive

I have used the Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive for more than 6 years and finally it has died now. If I boot the pc then it tells me no hard drive detected and thus the hard drive cannot be read as well. I did try to test the hard drive with many hard drive diagnostics tool but nothing seems to be working for me. Can anyone tell me how do I atleast get the data back from this hard drive? Thanks

Re: recover data from dead Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive

If you were able to replace the MBR then most likely you would have solved the issue right away. Well if the data inside the hard drive is really important and since you have not backed up anything so the most simple solution would be to send the drive to a trusted data recovery service because there is nothing you can do to access the drive which is not detected in your computer.

Can you tell us what was the firmware version of the Seagate Barracuda 500GB Hard Drive that you have? Did you try to perform a firmware update in the past? Is the drive still spinning or so? It could be possible that your drive might be having some internal fault and hence it is not working at all? Have you ever dropped this drive while carrying out?

Incase the Bios is not able to see your Seagate 500gb hard drive then you cannot do anything with the drive till you get it to be seen. The boot record will be problematic after you get past the BIOS boot. There are many times that the board of the drive fails and it can be swapped very cheaply which will not harm the data at all. So try to check with any hard drive repair shop in you area if you can.

You can download data recovery softwares like EASEUS Data Recovery Wizard. You can install them and then run the software to recover your lost data. Hope it can help you.