Thread: gaming mouse problem in Windows 8.1 preview

gaming mouse problem in Windows 8.1 preview

I was going to upgrade to Windows 8.1 today but just now I checked a news that said there was some kind of problem with mouse control for gamers in Windows 8.1 preview. The problem is with the reduced polling rate applied to the gaming mouse. If this is true, then there is no way I am going to upgrade to Windows 8.1. But if there is a fix for this then I might. Thanks

Re: gaming mouse problem in Windows 8.1 preview

I am experiencing this problem currently with my Logitech G9x mouse which is running with Logitech Gaming Software 8.50v. Games such as Battlefield 3 is working properly with Source Engine type of games but COD: Black Ops 2 is not playable at all. Lets see if logitech takes the first step to correct this issues for their product.

There is a little fix for this issue if you can enable the Raw Input mode. To do that right click on the .exe file of the game and choose Properties. After that from the Compatability tab choose Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows 8 from the given options. Now you need to check the "Disable scaling on high DPI settings" option and then run this program as an admin and click apply and then ok. Check the difference now.

The above fix doesnt work for most of the game with Logitech gaming mouse. I just want to know about an official fix from the logitech support team. There are many people who are saying that this issue is related from the Microsoft's perspective so they have to fix it but others say it is device specific so the manufacturer's need to solve this.