Thread: Advice for 64GB memory card for DSLR

Advice for 64GB memory card for DSLR

I want to buy a memory card for my Sony DSLR. I have a 4GB card that came with it. But now I want to upgrade that. It fill up really fast when I capture hd videos. I am going to buy a 64GB card this time. I had seen some on web, but they are far too costly. I am not much worried about the budget, I need a card that can offer me good performance. Like hours of capturing videos at faster range. The existing 4GB card is really slow.

Re: Advice for 64GB memory card for DSLR

Go for Sony 32 GB SDHC Memory Card UHS-1 Class 10. It comes for Rs.2300. It is in budget. 32GB still is more than enough for taking hd videos. It is a class 10 card which give you fast data transfer speed and good output. The card is good according to me.

I also think 16GB will be more for your. There is no need to buy a 32GB card here. It is quiet costly today. A good 16GB card is more than enough for day to day usage. I had recently bought a 8GB card which came for Rs.400. This is relatively cheap. The card model is Sony SDHC SF-8N4. I am using this in my old camera where it works fine. It does not has any performance issue. It is a class 4 card and offer 1920 x 1080 AVCHD Recording. This kind of cards are available at a discounted price. You don't have to pay much for the same. Now there are more reasonable cards available that you can buy but for that you have to checkout the specs. Always buy when your phone supports it. Because that can be a waste of money. Many camera does not support 4Gb card.

There are many seller in the market which sells a good storage card. Now if you go for brand they are costly, but there are some local vendor which are giving it at low price. The only issue with this card is that they have low life. So buy wisely from any popular ecommerce site.

32GB is a costly choice but it can be one time purchase. The price of memory card has fall really fast in past few years.Samsung SDHC CLASS10+ is good choice according to me. It comes for Rs.1800. I found it cheap and effective. It is a Class 10 Memory Card that comes with 5 year warranty. So you have a very long warranty time here. You can go to service center if the card is stopped working and you will get a replacement. Samsung is a trusted brand in the market. They offer amazing product. I am unable to test this card, but I found many positive feedback. Class 10 card are high speed memory card good for those who want to capture hd images and videos. The camera processor is slow down if the card is slow as it reduce the write space. But if a fast card is installed in the system it will work really well and offer you amazing output.

There is a different series of high speed memory cards in the market. They are fast and can boost the output. The remove the issue of buffering and most of the card here belongs to Class 10. Large size card help you to get extra space in which you can store media files.

64GB card are very costly. But they are also build for extreme performance. So here you are not wasting your money. I can list you some of the best card in the market and which are also really costly. Transcend Compact Flash 128 GB is a extreme series card that gives you a very high storage space. It comes for Rs.25000. This card belongs to 1000X Memory Card series. This series is capable of giving you upto 150mbps of transfer speed. That is really high. It is reliable and effective in long run. There are very few products available under 1000x Memory card series. And if you need something in budget then you can go for SanDisk Extreme CF 64 GB. This card offer you 64mb/s transfer speed which is good and more than enough for any digital camera. This card comes at the half price of the above one. You must check the camera compatibility before buying that. Many digital camera comes with a limited storage support only. They will not work if you try to add a high space card on that.

I think you are wasting your money on such a costly card. Better buy a 16GB which is the most common and supported by all digital camera. Buy from the manufacturer itself. They will give you the best card on the basis of your camera model.