Thread: Asus Xonar DGX sound card crashes pc

Asus Xonar DGX sound card crashes pc

I recently purchased a second hand Asus Xonar DGX sound card for my Asus motherboard which was having only onboard Realtek audio. After plugging the sound card I restarted my computer. It got detected and then I installed its driver that was provided in its CD. After that I rebooted the pc but from that moment I started getting random pc crashes whenever any sound is played via youtube or if I listen audio from Windows Media Player. Does anyone know a way to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Asus Xonar DGX sound card crashes pc

Can you first of all tell us which operating system you are using on your computer with this sound card and since you have installed the driver from the CD, it might be very old. So, download and install the latest audio driver for your sound card from the Asus's website because the crashing could be happening due to the old drivers which is not suitable for the latest updated operating system.

Which motherboard do you have? Try to update the BIOS of your motherboard to the latest and see if that makes any difference. Also, make sure that the integrated audio in the BIOS is completely disabled since it may be conflicting with the other sound card. If its a IRQ conflict then try to go to Device Manager and then right click on Asus Xonar card and choose properties and go to Resources tab, here you will get the conflicting devices list.

Even I believe that some other device and the sound card might be attempting to use the same IRQ or memory range. So, you need to turn off the onboard sound first in the BIOS or you have to turn off the other com ports to free up the IRQ. You can even try to move the sound card to another PCI slot and see if that works.