Thread: is retire block count bad for SanDisk Extreme SSD

is retire block count bad for SanDisk Extreme SSD

I am using a SanDisk Extreme SSD for more than 1 year or so and previously it was showing only 1 retired block count. But yesterday when I checked it then it was showing 4 retired block count. Does anyone if this thing is bad for the SSD? If so then should I need to backup the data as soon as possible and transfer it to another drive? Thanks for any suggestions

Re: is retire block count bad for SanDisk Extreme SSD

Yes, I would suggest you to backup your SanDisk Extreme solid state drive because it will soon going to be dead. If it is under warranty then you can try to contact Sandisk support and ask them to replace your SSD model if you want. When ever the Smart attribute is failing then it simply means that you the SSD needs to be replaced soon.

If you want to claim a warranty of your product then you will have to contact Sandisk via the telephone number or else yu can also email them at support@SanDisk.com and provide a proof of the purchase that will let them know the exact date and time and place of the purchase and name of the reseller. Hope this helps you out.

When I contacted Sandisk then they told me to run the Sandisk SSD Toolkit and it gave out atleast 20 retired block count. I even removed all the data and reinstalled the Operating system again on it but still was seeing the same amount of retired block count. Its been 2 weeks now and still I waiting for their response for my issue.