Thread: Noctua 120mm NF-S12A for my new build

Noctua 120mm NF-S12A for my new build

What about adding a few Noctua 120mm NF-S12A fan on my new build. I am making a gaming pc where I am planning to add some set of new coolers to make it more better and cooler. I went on web and found that this a new fan which looks big enough to draw out all the heat. I had seen a few set of different fans also at the market which are cheaper. But I am willing to build a good machine which can improve the system output.

Re: Noctua 120mm NF-S12A for my new build

It is a big size fan. If your cpu case does not space then you will have to drill and fit it. If you are having a mid tower then better go with reasonable size fan. Don't go for big one. They are complicated to connect. Adding one is more than enough I think.

Adding extra fans will always help you. You need big case for that. If you try to hook the same on a small cpu case then the wire inside might clash up causing problem. There must be appropriate space between the board and the fan which is hooked on the chassis. Noctua 120mm NF-S12A is a nice big size fan. Choosing additional fan is always a complicated job, but you can still locate much cheaper one. What is your actual requirement. Where are you trying to hook the fans. The benefit of buying Noctua 120mm NF-S12A f is that it is very quiet. It does not make sound when it is rotated on the full screen. I had removed the back panel fans and added single on the same. It works fine and gives a reasonable output. This are great for gaming pc.

The fan is not good for overclocking system. They just add some extra ventilation on the existing system. It is necessary that you must go for a more smaller one. Or else the space inside will create issue and the cables can easily mess-up with the fan.

Instead of spending extra money on buying separate fan, it is always to get a case which has good space and bigger size fan in it. Corsair Graphite series comes packed with 2 big size fan which are more than enough to draw the heat out. One is fixed on the top side and the other one is fixed on the front. This draw out heat nicely from the system making it more better in terms of output. If you manually try to add the same then it creates a bit issue. The heat circulation is not so proper. Because in small size fan most of the things are jammed by the cables inside. Air flow is affected. I use cable ties to tie them up properly and hook them on the side panel. For fan it is not really needed unless your system is really heating up more.