Thread: Any way to use extra 240w ATX PSU

Any way to use extra 240w ATX PSU

I have a atx power supply. It is kept as useless. I had upgraded the existing one on my system.I was having a 240w which I had upgraded to 440w and the second one is kept aside. I need some help to use it. It is getting wasted and no one is willing to buy it. Does there is some way I can use it or make something portable from it. I tried to find out some info on the same but found nothing.

Re: Any way to use extra 240w ATX PSU

There is nothing you can do with that. The psu will only work in a computer. It has no use outside. You can try to give that to someone who has a old pc. This will work better in it. Or you can keep it aside. If your existing psu stops working you can use it like a spare

It is useless. You cannot make anything out of that. The power supply is designed to work with pc and it can be only used in that. Now if you have a spare hard drive you can use it for making a external drive. But if you are having a psu or any other part then there is nothing you can do. The best you can do is keep it for future use or sell it of. As mentioned above is something happen to your system, and the existing psu stops working this will be used for the testing purpose. I also have two spare psu left with me which are of no use. I tried to sell them off on ebay, but being a old model no one is willing to buy it. I am trying to find out some way through which I can sue them in some other electronics. It is a power supply unit only and it is surely going to work for other devices. I hope there will be some option available.

I think it is better if you sell it off. Because if you keep it, it might stop working in coming time. You can give that to someone who has a old pc. Cheap psu will be a good solution for them. A psu has no extra features which you can use.