Thread: What is the use of mSata port

What is the use of mSata port

What is the use of msata port on a motherboard. I was just checking out the motherboard model. It has a complete diagram on it with all marked stuff. I was trying to locate the front header pin information and found another slot. When I checked in in the manual it is called as mSata. Is this helpful. What can I do in this. Sata is usually a storage interface. Does mSata is associated with that.

Re: What is the use of mSata port

It is for SSD. You can connect ssd storage on that to get more space or to just boost your system output. This port usually comes in laptops where you can add msata cards that has flash chips on them. You can add your os to get fast boot time.

mSata is called as cheap alternative for having ssd setup on your system. A slot is usually provided in high end motherboard. So that you can have a ssd connecction on your system. Now there are msata chips in the market that come loaded with flash chips in them. You just have to connect the ssd on it and done. You can add your os on it and use the other space for storage purpose. It is getting outdated today. Because we are having SSD's coming directly on sata interface at cheaper. The price is falling day by day and soon I can say that we wll be able to afford the hard drive.This is used in laptops mainly. A OS is usually added on the same. I think going for mSata port it is better to buy a SSD directly. That is far more cheaper and better. It offer you more space with more durable options. So going with the bigger one is better and cheaper. mSata just have a limited amount of flash chips on them while SSD offer more updates.

I had a mSata card in my system. It offer me additional 8GB of space. IT was first introduce long back to boost the boot time. It is a cheap upgrade. You can also connect your ssd on that through a simple cable.