Thread: Is it worth to buy a small cpu case for gaming

Is it worth to buy a small cpu case for gaming

For a mid range gaming pc, is it worth to buy a small cpu case. There is a bit problem of space at my home. Keeping a full size tower can be a bit problematic. I had checked that before. I had asked my friend to bring his cabinet. My desk is too small. Now am building a mid range system. It is not for gaming, but will be more used for graphic designing work. Software like Photoshop, Autocad will be used on this. I need some help to locate a good small cpu case.

Re: Is it worth to buy a small cpu case for gaming

That will have ventilation issue. A small cpu case has less space inside due to which you face problem. And also it can heatup fast. The benefit of having a full size case, is that you can hook up multiple cards on it. For small you will have to buy gpu clips that will be fitted tightly and there are less upgrade choices.

Don't go for a small cause. Instead of that buy a mid size tower. It is cheaper. Small case are costly and are low on psu also. You are going to use the system for gaming and editing purpose for that you need a good psu and enough space to keep the cpu cooler. You can apply additional fans if your system heats-up more. Also there is enough space left to add more cards when needed. In a mini case you have to buy a small card which is again costly. Or you have to place the card over pci chip which fits vertically on the pci slot. A big size card will never fit inside. And in future you cannot add more hardware in it. Like if you want to add a hard drive you have to again change the case. You can do one thing. You can place the case vertically on the tablet and then on the top side you can place the monitor. In this way you can save some space. There are horizontal towers also available which are big enough to hook multiple gpu and additional drive upgrade. Horizontal cases are more better and save proper space with reasonable storage solution.

Horizontal cases are costly. We had one at our office. The system is configured for print server. And it remains well fitted at the corner. They are similar to full size case. The difference lies in the placement. You must try to find out horizontal case.