Thread: Need help to make a new fan slot for gaming pc

Need help to make a new fan slot for gaming pc

I am having a ATX cpu case. It is a mid tower. I had connected a gpu recently in it and also upgraded the fan. Now the system looks fine here. But there is some issue with air ventilation. It is completely cloaked up. Cables occupy too much space in it. I tried to tie them. Now I had seen dust accumulate quiet easily inside and also the cpu temperature remains a bit high above normal. I want to add a new fan on it. What can I do in this.

Re: Need help to make a new fan slot for gaming pc

The best thing you can do is simply get a new cpu case. There are ample of great case available with full size atx design. Buy a bigger one this time. it will give you more space and proper air ventilation inside. This is simply better and easy to manage.

That is a proper solution. Because here if you go for manually adding a fan then you will require to a tons of changes. It looks that your cpu case is smaller. You have to buy a full size one. In future your system can face issue. Due to more dust the fan does not operate well. More and more heat is trapped inside. Rightnow you can leave the left panel open. Just leave it. Your cpu will remain more cooler. I had did the same on my old pc which is a mini pc actually. Being a small size case it has minimum space inside. It works well but sometime shutdown due to heating problem. You can find amazing cabinets online which are cheaper and well designed to give you maximum performance. The one which I know is Cooler Master Elite 361. This is a big size case that comes for some Rs.2600. It is compatible with all kinds of board. It gives you removable hard drive bay also. We usually spend around Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 on cpu case. So if we add more we can get a more reasonable product which has amazing looks and gives out great design also. This cabinet offer you 4 fans. Among which three are optional. There is no need to custom mod it. You can just buy fans and hook it on it.

For adding a fan on your old case you will have to mod it.You will require a drill. You have to add up a few set of holes and then hook the fan on the same. This is a bit complicated procedure. Instead of that buying a new durable case is more better.