Thread: Usb hub stops working after adding a memory card on it

Usb hub stops working after adding a memory card on it

I bought a 3 port usb hub from a online website. This hub came attached with a card reader. Now the usb hub works well but there is some problem with the
    card reader. Whenever I add a memory card in that it turns off. I had connected a usb mouse and pen drive on it. It works fine. But when I try to connect a memory card and copy paste data it fails. The entire card reader just turns off.

Re: Usb hub stops working after adding a memory card on it

Looks like a damage piece to me. Resend it back. If you had purchased the same from any reputed website on web then you will surely get a replacement. They will repay you back and a number of time they might also give you fresh product.

It can be a faulty usb hub. But I will advice you to test out the same on some other usb port also. A hub usually comes with multiport setup. Now when you use different devices on it, it consume more power. And if any of the attached device does not receive proper voltage the entire hub stops working. It is a very common issue. Compare to a laptop on desktop this kind of ports work more well. While in a laptop there are certain set of provisions. The first thing you must do is connect the hub to any other pc and checkout. See whether it is working fine or not. If it works then on your system it is not working well. Second it has a faulty card reader. You cannot do anything in that. You can contact the seller to give you a replacement. Or buy a good one. This time go for something better. I had recently bought a 8 port usb hub from ebay. It came with a power adapter. It offer me great speed once connected to secondary power source. I had paid around Rs.1,000 for that and it really worked well. I hope you can find any good hub on web. Try not to go for cheaper models. They have a very short life.

My usb hub also stopped working. I had purchased that online. It is some china model. It is just a waste of money. Later I bought another one from flipkart. The mode is Quantum QHM 5095. It cost Rs.220 and it is good. It works fine.

There is a nice usb hub comb model available by Portronics. The cost is just Rs.325. It is really great. It has a portable design and comes with 3 usb ports with a micro sd card reader on the top side. For a combo tool if you go for a good one then it is better. But if you go for a cheaper one then you would no get any appropriate solution. A card reader and usb hub combo works well. If you go for a good product then there is no need to look for any power issue. I had seen a number of models which are costly but great. It is right that you must not go for cheaper one. As they are not completely durable. There are quiet a few brands which are good. While all others are never seen before. Most of them are china I think. I am using a card reader separately and a usb hub separately. But i found this portronics model great. So I am going to buy this and will let you know how it works.