Thread: Is SSD necessary in 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

Is SSD necessary in 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

I am moving ahead to go for a brand new laptop which is loaded with 4th generation Intel Core i5 processor. It is dell system. At the time of purchase the salesman said that it is always good to have a SSD on it. This will simply boost the performance. But the system already looks a bit high-end to me. And adding SSD on that will add more to the cost. Is there anyone you can provide a valuable suggestion on the same.

Re: Is SSD necessary in 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

SSD's works on the software and operating system part. If you are getting that at a reasonable price then going for the same is not bad. It is always good to have a good hardware config. This reduce the upgrade time.

It depend on your choice. You can have it or you can avoid it. SSD offer you a faster performance over the regular one. Today number of laptops comes with a hybrid solution. That means you will have a regular 500GB or 1TB hard drive in your system but along with that you can also add a SSD. You might option to add a 16 or 32GB SSD. SSDs are bit cheaper. The benefit is that you will get a much faster system here. Now the overall performance mostly relies on the internal hard drive rpm. If can be 5600 or 7200. At the time of large data transfer or playing game or while watching movies entire thing depend on the rpm. If it is low then even after having a 4th generation Intel Core i5 cpu your pc will not give you optimum output. On the same hand the data read and write speed of a SSD is much higher. It is amazing and it works really well. The output remains constant and it also consume very less power. I will advice you to go ahead with the same. It is good for your system.

If it is costly then just avoid it. Do not waste money on the same. SSD's are good but they can be a kind of costly solution. Buy only if you need it. I think your system is good enough to get you high end performance in various task.

It is obvious that a system which is loaded with 4th generation cpu is not cheaper at any cost. So you can just add a bit more amount and get a good SSD on the same. Today many people avoid SSD because it is costly. It also does not give you high storage space. You have to stay limited in terms of storage here while compare to that a regular hard drive is more better. You can buy upto 1TB space easily on it. And upgrades are also cheaper here. SSD are considered good for backup. If you need a worry free solution for your data then spending on SSD would be better. Or else things that you will do on your regular drive is saving data and playing games. For that the regular drive is quiet enough as per me. I am having a 1TB drive which I am using from long time. I had copied several movies in it and sometime it gets slower down if I keep on opening multiple files.