Thread: Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 problem in Windows 8

Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 problem in Windows 8

I am using a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 printer recently upgraded my computer to Windows 8 on which this printer is not working at all. I went to the Lexmark website and it does says that this printer is compatible with this new OS. But if I am trying to install the driver then I get a message that says "use the driver provided by windows". I have tried reinstalling the driver but still it will give me the same issue? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 problem in Windows 8

To get this printer working in Windows 8, you will have to go to Print Management. After that on the left side click Print Servers > User (local) > Printers. After that on the right side, right click and choose add printer. Now search for Network for Printer and you will get "Pro800-Pro900" series will show up in the network. Now choose to install a new driver and then choose Windows Update in the list below. After sometime select "Lexmark Inkjet Drivers" and Pro800-Pro900 Series. If there is some issues then simply rename the printer and then install the driver. Hope this helps.

You can also check the article made on "How to Install Printer Drivers on a Windows 8 Operating System" from this link - http://support.lexmark.com/index?pag...erlocale=EN_US

It seems that there are no Windows 8 driver for this Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 printer. So are you trying to install the Windows 7 driver in the new OS, if so then choose the compatibility mode to install it. Simply right click on the setup file and then go to Properties and click on Compatibility tab. After that check the box to run the setup in compatibility mode and choose Windows 7 and click ok and then apply. Now try to install the driver and see if that works.