Thread: Electric shock problem with cpu case

Electric shock problem with cpu case

I am having a regular size cpu case. The system was bought long before. Now we are shifted to a new place. After connecting everything the system was working fine. But suddenly I felt strong electric shock as I touched the cpu case. I was trying to connect my usb on the backside. I checked inside everything is proper. No cable looks broken. What can be the issue. How can I stop this thing.

Re: Electric shock problem with cpu case

It looks there is a earthing issue in your place. Do not touch the cpu case it is can cause serious issue. You can try using a tester to find out the issue. Call a electrician that would be better. And do not turn on your system lack of earthing can damage internal components.

Try to check the power connectivity in your home. This is a very common issue. You can call a electrician to fix that. Now in a home wiring there is a thin silver cable. It is added to remove earthing from electrical objects. Now you can also resolve the issue by adding a separate cable for earthing. But that can be a temporary solution. Other components can face issue. So better check your wiring. In a pc usually we have a 3 wire power cord. Among which one is earthing. If you had connected it on two wire then due to lack of earthing you are getting the shock. This process is called as electrical grounding. This is very essential to avoid short circuit in your home appliance which can cause severe damage. You can buy a separate grounding cable which is available easily on web and use it to avoid this shock. But still I will advice you consult a electrician for that.

If the issue only lies with the cpu case then grounding cable can fix it. You can find that with a tester. Just try to connect the lower part at edge of different metal components. There are chances that your entire house wiring lacks proper grounding.