Thread: Possibilities in repairing a SSD

Possibilities in repairing a SSD

How to repair a SSD. Is there any DIY kit available. I have to repair my friends laptop. It has dual hard drive. One is a regular one which has the maximum space and other one is a ssd. That is around 30GB. Now it is showing around 10GB only. I formatted the SSD, but still the complete space is messing. Can this be resolve through some software. I had seen some hard drive repairing software on the web. Will that work. I tested a few but does not get any respond.

Re: Possibilities in repairing a SSD

Try firmware update. That might help you in fixing the problem. You can find the firmware on the official website of your manufacturer. Download and run the update. That's all. Through this firmware update there are chances that this might work.

If there is a hardware fault there is nothing you can do. It is a SSD and it is not repairable. If the drive is under warranty the best thing is that you must carry the same to your nearest service center. Show the drive to them and see what they can do. It can be repaired but buy professional. You cannot repair it on your own. Firmware update is a very basic thing here. Your hard drive is having a missing space issue. A SSD is usually designed with flash chips in it. The same which are used inside a pen drive. And if any one of those chips are damage there is nothing you can do. You will need to contact the manufacturer there and you can ask for replacement. This is the best way to fix it. But if it is not under warranty then keep on using it. Once it is completely off. There is no way to repair it. The same thing is applicable for a internal hard drive also. You cannot repair it. It has a sensitive parts inside which can be fixed at repair centers only. Try to contact some professional who deals in storage media. He might be able to assist you more.

It is right that you can't repair a a SSD because of its crucial components. The more you can do is ask for replacement only if it lies under a warranty. Just go for a new one. And keep it as a secondary hard drive.