Thread: Lifecam Cinema Webcam initialization error on Windows 7

Lifecam Cinema Webcam initialization error on Windows 7

My sister was having a Lifecam Cinema Webcam and she gave it to me, since she was not using it. So, I installed in on my Windows 7 64bit with all its software installation but if I am trying to use the webcam then it gives me some kind of Intialization Error message. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall it again on my computer to no avail. Does anyone know how to get it working on my pc? Thanks.

Re: Lifecam Cinema Webcam initialization error on Windows 7

Even I was facing the same problem with my logitech webcam. But I was able to fix this problem, just go to Start and then in the Search box type regedit and then open registry editor. After that go to this registry key - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} and the value of UpperFilters contains ksthunk line. If it is not there then add it. This way your webcam will start working again.

There could be many reasons why this error is coming on your pc. Have you tried to connect the webcam to a different usb port? Check to see whether the Lifecam is not connected in the usb port 1.1. Just try to connect it to the other usb port 2.0 port and see if it works properly or not. For more troubleshooting method, you can visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933311/en-us

I am also having this similar issues with my Lifecam Cinema Webcam. I have got another PC with Windows 7 32 bit on which this webcam is working perfectly. But if I connect it to my other computer that is running on Windows 7 64bit then I get the same Initialization error message? I have tried to follow all the solutions given above but still nothing is solving this case. I think that this webcam is not meant to work on 64bit Windows.