Thread: Sony Vaio laptop volume buttons problem

Sony Vaio laptop volume buttons problem

I am using an old Sony Vaio laptop model VGN-FW351J. The problem that I am facing with this laptop is that its volume button is not working after I installed Windows 7. I have already tried to reinstall the drivers for it but still it didnt work. Previously it was working fine with Windows XP but now in this new operating system it is not working. Can anyone please help.

Re: Sony Vaio laptop volume buttons problem

Are you running the Windows 7 64bit version of the operating system? Even I am facing the same problem on my Sony Vaio laptop which is a different version. The FN key is also not working and it looks to me that Sony has not released a 64bit version of the drivers right now. I will try to install the 32bit OS and see if that works for me and let you know about it.

It was recommended that you are supposed to install the shared Library and event services from the Sony laptop model website. After that you can use the drivers of Windows Vista and they will start to work properly. So, download the Sony Shared Library for Microsoft from this link - http://s02.download.sony.com/US/pc/S...0598801-US.EXE. And after that download the Services from this link - ftp://download.sony.com/US/pc/SOOOTH-32500000-US.EXE

Even after installing the above drivers you are still facing the same problem then you can try to go to Start and then in the Search Box type services.msc. A Windows will pop up, just go below to the Human Interface Device Access and then right click on it and select Properties. After that change the Start-up type to Automatic. Now you need to click ok and then close everything and restart your pc, thats it.