Thread: Logitech gaming pad F310 not working with Windows 8.1

Logitech gaming pad F310 not working with Windows 8.1

I am having a Gaming PC at home which was working great since long time, even when i upgraded it to Windows 8 about 6 months ago. I usually play games with Logitech F310 gaming pad on this PC. I never had any problem even Win8, but now since i upgraded it to Windows 8.1 Preview, i got the first problem. As my subject line says, Logitech F310 gaming pad is not working with my system. I have checked all the settings, everything seems good but it just wont work.

I upgraded to 8.1 preview using the first method provided by Microsoft, from Windows Store. Installation went fine without any problem, even all apps and functions are working good but just not able to connect the gaming pad. Any idea what would be wrong and how can i fix it? Please help soon. I have this PC for playing games which is not possible at present since past few days. Thank you.

Re: Logitech gaming pad F310 not working with Windows 8.1

This may sound silly but it is very important, Did you installed the Logitech Gaming Software on your system? I'm asking this because although you have had it installed on Win8 earlier, while upgrading to 8.1, everything gets removed including drivers and third party apps. You will need to re-install everything again. So if you haven't installed Logitech Profiler or logitech Gaming Software, install it first and then set to D-input. Hopefully the controller will start working. There is no compatibility problem with controller and windows 83.1

Quote Originally Posted by Psykiller View Post
    So if you haven't installed Logitech Profiler or logitech Gaming Software, install it first and then set to D-input. Hopefully the controller will start working. There is no compatibility problem with controller and windows 8.1
    All these are already done buddy, thanks for reminding me the same though. Also i have set it to D-input but still the controller wont work. Any other help please?

Hello Ajmil, Just try out the following steps and see if it makes any changes.

• Connect your Logitech Controller Go to Windows Control panel, click Hardware
    • Here click Devices and Printers. Probably the controller should be listed here.
    • If it is listed, click the same and click on "controller settings"
    • You will see a new pop up window with a button called Test.
    • Click the same and allow it to test your Logitech Wireless Gamepad
    • If there is any problem, it will let you know.

If still not working, I will suggest you to uninstall Logitech Gaming software completely from the system, delete all its traces. Now download the latest Gaming software again, right click its setup and select Properties. Go to Compatibility Tab and install it in Windows 7 compatibility Mode. Restart the computer and see if it is working now.

Thank you very much karan_star for the help. Testing it out didn’t helped but re-installing the software incompatibility mode fixed the problem. Now I am able to play my games using the Controller.