Thread: Help to rebuild old machine for gaming performance

Help to rebuild old machine for gaming performance

Want some suggestion to rebuild a old machine. I want to build a gaming pc here. I had seen a ton of article on web which says that I have to invest heavily on the graphic card and psu. Many says buying a complete new system is more appropriate. But I do not really want to waste my money. I want a reasonable gaming performance. Below is my system specification. What I can use from it.

System Config:
    • Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard
    • 2GB hynx ram
    • 250GB Samsung Hard drive
    • Intel 2.9Ghz G2020 Processor
    • 18" LCD Monitor
    • 2.1 Surround Sound Speakers

Re: Help to rebuild old machine for gaming performance

Your system looks standard here. I do not think you are going to get a good gaming output on this. Before buying costly stuff just buy a graphic card. Your board new gpu. Add a gpu and test back. Try to add more ram sticks.

If you are serious about building a gaming pc then you have to do certain changes in the cpu, ram, gpu and psu. Now you have a Intel 2.9Ghz processor which is a LGA1155 cpu. You can upgrade to Intel Core i3 on it. This might cost you around Rs.6000 more. Adding 2GB more ram stick will boost the performance. Adding a standard gpu will not cost you much. Here you are not buying a costly one.I can recommend you some cards here. The cheapest one is Galaxy NVIDIA GeForce 210 1 GB DDR3 which comes for Rs.1900. You can add this one to get a standard gaming output. I will not say the game is too good, but you can play at low settings and get lag free performance. It is only possible if you upgrade your processor to Core i3. Here for gaming you require a good system that can handle the pressure and give you great output. Which is possible only if you spend on cpu as well. Only adding a graphic card is not enough. You can go ahead with more better and powerful graphic card. Like MSI AMD/ATI R5450. This comes for some Rs.2300. It is a bit improved version giving you additional benefit in gaming. If you are having a psu lower than 440w then upgrade it. Overall you can build a reasonable machine with average performance.

I had made my own gaming pc recently under a budget of Rs.40000. That is fair enough. The gaming output is really awesome a big size monitor. For gaming if you try to fit things under budget then you will not get satisfied in the end.

The best thing I will recommend you to is sell of your old pc and get a new one. You can go on many online shopping site and post your ad. Sell the machine at a reasonable price and build a good pc from scratch. I think you can atleast cover around 30 to 40%of your buying cost by selling the old pc. Now there are random changes in the technology. Hardware are more upgraded and using them on your old pc will result in poor output. If we talk about high end performance then you must keep around 30 to 40k ready. Or else it might be a waste of money. Standard performance only means that you can play games at the lowest settings. There will be no proper effects and the output will be dull. While high end output can be only achieved by adding a costly gpu. Like Nvidia 650Ti series. This card is around Rs.10000 and has great graphic quality. So just invest one time in buying a system that is really meant for good gaming ouptut.