Thread: 4GB USB detects but does not shows videos in a TV

4GB USB detects but does not shows videos in a TV

My Samsung TV has 2 usb ports. I think both are usb 2.0 ports. There is a problem with usb detection here. I had copied a number of youtube
    videos, movies, pictures in it. There are separate folders in it. Now I can see the images but none of the videos are displayed. My friend has a similar model but a bit upgraded one. It reads everything. Is there a issue with the usb port.

Re: 4GB USB detects but does not shows videos in a TV

Might be. Try to contact the service center. For the first you will get a home service. That means people will come to your home and fix it. There can be issue with the usb port.

The issue can be with file formats. New HDTV which appear in the market are capable of reading all kinds of file format. But some of them are limited to avi or mp4 only. It is essential that you must first checkout the TV manual. That will put more highlight on the features. I am also having a TV but it only reads avi file. Due to which I have to convert the files first and then only I play them in the TV. Or the best thing you can do is burn them on a DVD using Nero. Nero comes with a feature of movie creator. Where it simply burn the entire video on a DVD and give you a common format which works in every DVD player. I think your TV's usb port is fine, but the problem lies with the format. As you said that the images are quiet fine. They are working. But you are having issue with the video file format. So try to find out which file format really works in your pc. And use that only. There are ample of good video convertor available on the web that you can checkout. You can go on the official site also and checkout the TV features. It will give you the list of all supported file formats.

I am also having a Samsung TV. I am not really sure about the model, but it is capable of playing all file formats. It works fine with flv, avi, mp4, etc. I think you must once contact Samsung for that.