Thread: How to configure a printer on web printing

How to configure a printer on web printing

At my office I use a simple HP Deskjet printer. It is not having a lan port nor wifi. But I want some way through which I can hook this printer on the internet. There is one more printer which has this feature. But I want to use this one for my self. This is would be better for printing reports when I am not office. I am not really sure about any tools which can do this.

Re: How to configure a printer on web printing

You can only connect to your printer through internet if it is having a IP address. If the printer is connected to your pc through usb then it might not work. You will have to find a third party application and keep it on.

That is right. As you said that your printer is connected to yur pc. So you will need to use a third party app for that. Google Cloud Print is one the best way to hook printer on web and use it whenever you want. You will need to first hook the printer on your gmail account via chrome. To print you have to upload the file in Google Drive. It is one of the most best and easiest way. Here you do not have to pay anything. Launch Chrome and click on the settings icon. In that click on show advance settings at bottom. Now look for Cloud print and add the printer. Whichever printer default selected in your system will appear in the list. Choose it and done. The printer is no linked to your gmail account. You can simply upload the files on Google Drive and perform a print. I am using this from my mobile phone. I have Gdrive application in it. The second thing you can do is go for some third party application which can give you cloud printing support. There are ample of them available. Most of them are free. But requires a registration. Compare to them Google Cloud print is one of the most easiest option. So just check the same.

It is better to go with a printer that has a online print support. Like many HP printers offers you a ePrint application. You just have to register your device in ePrint. The app is available for various device which can be used for online printing.

I recently got HP Officejet Pro printer. It has a lan port. I had configured it on a static ip address. We are having our own vpn on which the printer is configured. Now that is also safe and easy to handle. While for a regular printer it can be shared through software only. There are application like PrintShare. This application works fine with online print sharing. You just have to install the same in your pc. There is a mobile app also available through which you can print for a smartphone. I found this a bit effective. But sometime printing takes a long time. To use it properly you will need to install this on every pc from where you will be accessing the printer. Another application which works in the same way is Net2Printer. It is a simple online printing service and a bit faster also.