Thread: HP lightscribe dvd writer problem with Windows 7

HP lightscribe dvd writer problem with Windows 7

I bought a second hand HP Lightscribe DVD Writer that I am using on Windows 7. I am able to write and read media on with this Dvd writer but I am not able to burn the lightscribe labels. I have tried installing every drivers that I can get from HP, Lightscribe, Acer, etc; but nothing is working for me. Does anyone know how to get this feature to work in Windows 7? Thank you for any replies.

Re: HP lightscribe dvd writer problem with Windows 7

Have you tried to flip the disk-burn side down or the top for burning the lightscribe labeling. Also did you make sure that you are using the lightscribe disks or not? You might also need to download the LIGHTSCRIBE TEMPLATE LABELER from here which is used to create a label on the disks that you want to create.

Since you are using a HP Lightscribe DVD Writer then you will have to get the HP LightScribe System Software - v1.18.20.1 REV: A. (sp51638.exe) that you can download from this link. The version of the LightScribe System Software that you might be using would be an old software version which wont work properly in the new Windows 7 OS. So, uninstall that first and then install the HP version of the software.

I am having the same problem where my Lightscribe DVD Writer is not showing on my Windows 7 64bit edition operating system. I have followed the method given above and also installed both the softwares one by one but still the drives wont show up. Is it because I am using 64bit OS, therefore, the drive is not showing up? Any help would be appreciated.