Thread: No sound in Headphones after Windows 8.1

No sound in Headphones after Windows 8.1

Happy to get Windows 8.1 but several problem arises along. I recently upgraded my Windows 8 based Sony laptop to Windows 8.1 Preview. Installation went fine and everything is working fine now. There were some problems but i managed to fix them all on my own. The only thing left is with the headphones. When i play music or anything on laptop without headphones, the sound plays fine, but when i connect the headphones, sound stops. I can even hear anything in headphone or on the laptop speaker itself. Tried several things but nothing seems to be working. Have no idea left. Hope anyone of you can help me out with this. Many thanks.

Re: No sound in Headphones after Windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 requires disabled all your system drivers after upgrade. Which headphone are you using?

You will need to download the drivers for your headphone from its official website and install. See if the headphone works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barsha View Post
    You will need to download the drivers for your headphone from its official website and install. See if the headphone works now.
    It is a local brand headphone dude, I tried searching for its site but didn’t found any. Also there were no CDs with the headphone box. They say it plug and play. But how it was working earlier on this same laptop but not now?

Your last line sounds bit strange, by the way it is very same like XP drivers wont work in Vista or Windows 7.

Anyways, if there are no official drivers for your headphone, I think you should go with generic audio drivers. Keep the headphone connected with your system, and run Windows Updates. System should detect the headphone and should get the required drivers for the same. Install every update patch and see if you get sound now.

By the way, Can you tell me what is your motherboard model?

I am using an MSI board. By the way I did Windows Updates and changed few settings in Audio settings. Guess what, I got the sound in my headphones. Thank you very much for your helps.