Thread: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Quick Capture stops responding

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Quick Capture stops responding

I recently got a new Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 from a friend that is working well. I can do video calling over skype and can also take pics with Quick Capture. But the problem is when I change the resolution option for pics or switch to video recording if I am in Quick Capture, then the program will just freeze and wont respond. I have done a clean install of all the software but still have the same issue? Can anyone tell me how should I solve this problem? Thanks.

Re: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 Quick Capture stops responding

Well, can you try to do a System Restore by going to Stat > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore and then choose a date before you have installed Logitech Webcam Software. The system will take some time and restart your computer without the same software installed on your system. Now dont install any software from Logitech. Just connect to the internet and then plug your webcam in USB port; Windows will find new hardware and install porper drivers for your webcam. Just wait to finish and then go to Device Manager and click to "+" next to Imaging Device there and you will see the first Logitech driver for your webcam. After that click to "+" next to Sound, video and game controllers and there you will see the second Logitech driver for your Webcam and then choose update driver software and then close device manager and control panel and see if that works for you.

I was able to solve this issue somewhat. You can try to use the uvc driver and start the application and it will allow you to switch to video without any problems. After that exit the software and revert to the Logitech driver and then restart your computer. After launching Quick Capture, you will be taken to the video screen and there you will be able to record and switch resolutions. Incase you want to switch to photo, then you will have to do this same procedures again.

Can you try to perform a clean install of the Logitech camera software if it didn't install properly or a another program in memory is conflicting with it. Removing the camera software and reinstalling it using a clean boot procedure may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. For complete step by step method, follow the link here - http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/.../620/related/1