Thread: Corsair Neutron GTX SSD disappeared after restarting computer

Corsair Neutron GTX SSD disappeared after restarting computer

I recently bought a new Corsair Neutron GTX SSD from a local computer store and put it in my computer and it was working fine with amazing speed. Yesterday I was doing some video editing when all of a sudden the computer froze. So, I just turned off my computer by holding the power button. But after when I restarted my pc, then the SSD was no longer detected in my pc. I tried to attach the SSD to another pc but it hanged everytime when I started it with the SSD. Now can anyone tell me what should I do to get this SSD working? Thanks.

Re: Corsair Neutron GTX SSD disappeared after restarting computer

Can you try to turn off any Power Savings in Windows and the BIOS as well and see if that works. Did you also try to use a different Sata cable and port in your computer? Can you also try to install the latest bios in your system and update chipset drivers and get all Windows update as well. Try to perform a scandisk of the SSD for more troubleshooting.

Can you restart your pc in safe mode and then try to uninstall and reinstall the SATA/ACHI driver. After that remove the disk so that your computer reinitializes the Sata and Hard drive controller drivers. I restart my pc to Safe mode and then uninstall the driver and then restart to safe mode again just to make sure that my system will boots properly and doesnt give a no disk issue.

I would say that, first of all make your Corsair Neutron GTX SSD a non bootable drive and then try to update its firmware to the latest. Simply remove the power and data cable from the SSD for about 1 minute and then reconnect the power cable and data cable and restart your computer. Now, download and install Corsair SSD toolbox and then scan the SSD with the toolbox and see if any firmware update is available for it.