Thread: Looking for a mini-tripod for perfect macro photography

Looking for a mini-tripod for perfect macro photography

I have a DSLR camera from Sony. I am looking for a good mini-tripod for macro photography. I had one which is larger due to which I cannot get more close to a object. And when I try to do the same without tripod the image stabilization is affected. I saw some on ebay but they look very cheap. I hope there will be some good models available that I can order online.

Re: Looking for a mini-tripod for perfect macro photography

You can go for table tripod. There are mini tripod available at a price of $24 on many website. They are tiny and better. But somehow you will need to make adjustment for which you will need a more functional product.

Table tripods are usually three leg tripods that offer you low height and bit of stability. IT is great for taking portrait shorts also. Tripods comes with a universal connector which is quiet easy to find. But somehow if you are really serious about the photography then you have to look for a more appropriate model. Somehow the top level adjustment is not available in mini-tripod.That means you cannot bend a camera to forward or backward. It remains at a constant position. That adds limitations to capture photos. But there are some good models available. Like Vanguard Alta 225CP tripod. This is a costly product but effective. It is durable and offers you simple adjustment to manage photos. You can carry it in your bag wherever you want. Compare to other mini tripod this one has more height. It can allow you simple adjustment to rotate the camera as per your need. So you can use it for macro photography. While there are other more models available but they are not so effective. Like tripod with flexible leg. It is very complicated to bend or to make the camera stable at one location.

I too agree that mini-tripod are really complicated to adjust. They are just good enough to keep on desk. If your camera is having great zooming ability then you can stick with the regular model. It is more easier to operate and manage.

Joby has a few models of flexible mini tripod in the market. There are ample of type of models available for different tripod models and it is also quiet easy to use. Joby Gorilla pod also comes in reasonable budget for usage. Ioby has different categories of tripods required for usage. Like Micro 800 which is extremely small and ideal to take close photos. While tripod which comes under video capture offer you smooth adjustment and a bit of height also. You can find all the models on the official website. The gorilla pod series comes with flexible legs which are easy to bend and move. You can adjust it as per your need and place it on any surface. While if you need the a smaller version of regular tripod which we see in the market then have a look on Davis & Sanford Vista Table Top Pro. It is another small tripod with great features. It comes with a adjustment liver through which you can bend the camera towards front/back and also rotate it properly.