Thread: getting message to close "Hidden - d3d window" in Windows 8

getting message to close "Hidden - d3d window" in Windows 8

After installing the latest SetPoint software in my computer for logitech mouse, when ever I shut down my computer which is running on Windows 8 64 bit, I am getting a popup message that tells me to manually close "Hidden - d3d window". I have removed the Setpoint software and found that the message doesnt popup now. But when I install it again then the same problems happens once again. Is there anyone who can tell me how to get rid of this error? Thanks

Re: getting message to close "Hidden - d3d window" in Windows 8

I also get the same error on my computer. I have updated to the latest Setpoint software and now this seems to be the only issue happening on my pc. The most irritating part is that the error message seems to be hiding behind a shutdown window or something different that we dont know and it is really hard to find out why my pc is not able to shut down? Any ideas

Well, I was running Windows 7 on my computer and having the same problem with the error message. After searching for long, I noticed that the setpoint was executing Logitech\SetpointP\Setpoint.exe/launchGaming at startup of the computer. Since I was not using any gaming mouse, so I deleted this same startup line and now the error message doesnt popup anymore. Hope this helps.

After installing Setpoint software to the latest I also started getting the "Hidden - d3d window" popup error. So I went into he Task Manager and started scanning all entries that was related to Logitech devices. After disabling all task related to logitech I found out that the "Logitech SetPoint Event Manager (UNICODE)" was the main problem for the error. So, I just removed this item from the Startup folder and then restarted my pc. Now I dont see the popup anymore on my computer.