Thread: Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB not recognized

Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB not recognized

I have purchased this Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB some weeks ago and I found that most of the times this SSD will not be recognized in my Windows 8 computer. I am able to boot into Windows for quite sometime and then I will suddenly get a blue screen of death error message. I tried reinstalling Windows 8 and even Windows 7 but nothing is working for me? Is this a dead SSD, can anyone suggest me something? Thanks.

Re: Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB not recognized

Since you have newly purchased the SSD then it would be best that you RMA your Corsair Force GT SSD and get a replacement for it. You will get a new drive and it wont have any problem this time. Simply go to Corsair support website and then raise a ticket for replacing your SSD and then they will reply your ticket and ask you for delivering the faulty sdd that you have.

Well, have you tried to move the SSD to the intel sata port and then move the drive with the programs to the Marvell Controller and see if that works. Or else you can try to upgrade the firmware of the Corsair Force GT SSD. Note thatm if the ssd is on Raid then the firmware utility will not work, so to update the firmware you will have to connect the ssd to different computer and then upgrade the firmware.

I just check the warranty terms of Corsair on their site - www.corsair.com/us/support/warranty/ which mentions the below:

Code:
    Corsair may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Corsair.

Any repaired or replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is greater, or for the period of time required by local statute.
    So, either you will get a refurbished ssd of the same model or your SSD will be repaired and given to you.