Thread: Corsair Neutron GTX SSD missing in BIOS

Corsair Neutron GTX SSD missing in BIOS

I recently bought a new pc with all new parts along with a Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb SSD. So, I had freshly installed Windows 8 on it a couple of days ago and it was working fine without not much trouble. But there were some apps that used to close at alternate times. So after a week of usage the OS completely crashed and it gave me some problem related to error loading OS or cannot load the MBR with a black screen. Since then, whenever I am trying to recover Windows 8 with the install disk nothing happens. When I went into the bios then I noticed that the same SSD was not recognized? So I removed the SSD and formatted it on another pc and again installed Windows 8 freshly and it worked great for a couple of days and then it crashed again with the below BSOD:

"KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (fastfat.SYS)"

When I checked in the BIOS, then again the SSD was missing? Can anyone tell me whether there is a fault with the SSD itself?

Re: Corsair Neutron GTX SSD missing in BIOS

What is the make and model of the motherboard that you have? Also did you try to install the latest BIOS for the board and then installed its latest chipset drivers as well? Can you try to test the SSD with a different Sata cable and see if that works? Also, try to use different motherboard port as well to rule out the issue with the port only.

Well, I would suggest you to run the ATTO Benchmark tool for your SSD drive and see what results you get. It is an application that was designed to be a tool for performance measurement. With it, you can measure your storage space sizes with performance transfer systems of various lengths and test your drives for read and write sequential. Several options are available to customize your performance measurement including queue depth, covered with I/O and even a comparison mode as well.

The error related to the fastfat.SYS that you are getting looks to be a problem with the RAM that is installed in your machine that could be damaged. Just try to test each stick of your RAM with a tool from memtest website and then check for any errors generated. You can find more information on "Error Message Occurs with Damaged RAM or if the Fastfat.sys File Is Damaged or Missing" from this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810091. Also try to ensure that the controller on your computer is running in AHCI mode.