Thread: setpoint or driver will not run at startup in Windows 8 64bit using T650 Touchpad

setpoint or driver will not run at startup in Windows 8 64bit using T650 Touchpad

I have a Logitech Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad T650 running with Sony Vaio Windows 8 laptop. I installed Setpoint latest version and connected the touchpad wirelessly.Everything went fine but facing problem during using the same. T650 will not work unless and until i start the setpoint and its drivers manually. After digging out lot i came to know that the driver and Setpoint are just unable to run at startup. I enabled them in windows startup list, allowed them everywhere to run but still they wont start with windows. No matter if i do clean boot, they still wont run.

Is it just me facing the problem and somebody else has noticed this issue? Please let me know what to do in order to fix problem. Thank you.

Re: setpoint or driver will not run at startup in Windows 8 64bit using T650 Touchpad

Hey me too having the same problem but it is Windows 7. Earlier there was not the problem but due to some reasons i needed to reformat my complete system. I did the same and installed Windows 7 with all required softwares and drivers without any problem. But since then Setpoint wont start anymore with windows. So i dont think the problem is with the Windows 8 but it is either with Setpoint or something else. Hope somebody here can provide us a working solution.

Re: setpoint or driver will not run at startup in Windows 8 64bit using T650 Touchpad

Did you guys confirmed if Setpoint is checked/allowed in the Windows Startup List? You can do this by typing ‘msconfig’ in Start > RUN. In the open window, go to Startup Tab and see if Setpoint is check marked under the startup list.

That’s. it.

Quote Originally Posted by MEKHALA View Post
    Did you guys confirmed if Setpoint is checked/allowed in the Windows Startup List? You can do this by typing ‘msconfig’ in Start > RUN. In the open window, go to Startup Tab and see if Setpoint is check marked under the startup list.
    I really appreciate your help buddy but don’t you think I would have checked it before posting the query here? I know the very first thing we need to check is msconfig > startup list whenever we have problems with startup items. Setpoint is already checked but still it wont start during bootup.

Is there any other solution please?

I had this problem earlier with my Windows 7, after working around for few hours finally I managed to fix the problem. What I did was I created a scheduled task for Setpoint to run it with Windows Startup and it worked fine. Since then I dint had the problem again. If you want you can do the same by going to Task Scheduler (Type Task Scheduler in Start Menu or go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools), click Create Task from Action Panel and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MEKHALA View Post
    Surprisingly I don’t have Setpoint in Startup list (No checked or unchecked). Whats wrong?

I am a very old Logitech product user, having several of them from mouse to webcam, mouse pad to laptop pad. Just like you guys even I had problems with Setpoint, and there are thousands of more users facing this problem. In my case the best fix I found was uninstalling the latest version of Setpoint, deleting all its left over files and traces, doing clean boot and installing older version of Setpoint. The version I have is Logitech Setpoint 6.32 and is working good with my both Win 7 and Win 8. Yes, I have two both system running Logitech products.

So you guys understood what you need to do, right?

That sounds to be confident and working solution. I think you are right, maybe because I am running Setpoint v6.52 (latest version) the problem occurs. As per your suggestion, I tried searching older version of Setpoint but not able to find it. Logitech provides the same latest one. From where to download Setpoint 6.32

Quote Originally Posted by Geetika View Post
    Logitech provides the same latest one. From where to download Setpoint 6.32
    You can download Logitech Setpoint v6.32 from here