Thread: dwm.exe high cpu usage because of setpoint in Windows 8

dwm.exe high cpu usage because of setpoint in Windows 8

Hi,

I recent upgraded my system to Windows 8 from win7. Everything was working fine unless i installed Logitech Setpoint software. Yes, i am using a Anywhere MX Mouse with this system. Not mouse is working good but when i leave the PC idle for 5 to 7 minutes and come back, i find my system running very slow. This is happening since setpoint was installed.

After digging out more i found that dwm.exe is using about 100 CPU usage. I did some more troubleshooting and later noticed that the cpu usage increases only when setpoint is running. dwm.exe without setpoint remains to 0%. So this is surely the problem with logitech software, right? However i never faced this problem with windows 7.

Can anyone please tell me if there is any permanent fix for the same? Thank you for your helps.

Re: dwm.exe high cpu usage because of setpoint in Windows 8

Just a small question... What is the version of Setpoint you have installed on your system?

Quote Originally Posted by Omswaroop View Post
    Just a small question... What is the version of Setpoint you have installed on your system?
    It is the most latest version, 6.52.74.

How does it matter because it was working cool on my Windows 7. Problem started only since I installed it on Windows 8.

Yes, it matters because you are just not alone with this problem. There are hundreds of Setpoint users who have complaint about this high CPU usage. So what you have to do is simply uninstall the Setpoint from your system completely. By saying completely I mean delete all its left over files and folders. Once done, download Setpoint v6.32 and install. That’s it. There is no such dwm.exe using high CPU problem with this version. It works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Omswaroop View Post
    Once done, download Setpoint v6.32 and install.
    Ok and thank you very much for the help. Now the problem I am facing is when I go to download Setpoint, Logitech only offers that latest version. There is no option to select older softwares. From where can I download Setpoint v6.32 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ssssYDNEY View Post
    There is no option to select older softwares. From where can I download Setpoint v6.32 ?
    You can download Logitech Setpoint Version 6.32 from here. It is 26.7MB in size.