Thread: SetPoint Crashes in Windows 8 with Logitech T650 Touchpad

SetPoint Crashes in Windows 8 with Logitech T650 Touchpad

I have recently installed Windows 8 64bit operating system and have installed the latest 64edition Setpoint software for using Logitech T650 Touchpad on my computer. Now, if I am trying to open the settings of Setpoint then it stops responding and crashes. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the Setpoint in compatibility mode but still it is not working for me. So, if anyone know any solution to fix this issue, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: SetPoint Crashes in Windows 8 with Logitech T650 Touchpad

Can you tell us what Setpoint version of the program are you using in your computer? Since this is logitech's newly launched product, so you might require to install the Setpoint version of 6.51.8. You can even try to reinstall the Setpoint in admin mode or do a clean boot and then install the software. It might be possible that the installation could be broken, so try to download another file and then install it.

Even I was facing the same issue and after some research I found out that once we disable the LAV Video Decoder that is installed in our computer, then the problem of crashing will be solved. Also, incase you have K-Lite codec pack 64 bit also installed then uninstall it and check if Setpoint is working properly on your computer or not.

I was facing some problem with the Setpoint videos and k-lite and to fix this problem first I went to the Tweak Tool of K-lite codec and then open Preferred Splitters and then replaced "Merit" to "LAV Splitter" for WMV files. After that it started to work properly. By doing this we dont have to reinstall the software anymore as well.