Thread: Does constant system failure is due to weak power supply

Does constant system failure is due to weak power supply

I am getting a bit problem with my system. I am having a Intel pc here. It looks to be working fine but somehow there is a problem with the usage. I just want to confirm that whether a week power supply is the cause of problem. My cpu works fine and it is not heating. First the system works while for few hours and when it goes in sleep mode it is turned off. I have to turn it on back from the power button. Later on a few time it shutdown automatically. And a few bsod's also. I had cleared the ram, add a heatsink on the psu and did many things. But nothing worked here.

Re: Does constant system failure is due to weak power supply

Can be a psu issue. If your pc shutdown's automatically the smps is damage. Many people are using a ups on the pc. That also reduces the power flow. It is recommended that you must replace the smps and then check back. I got this same kind of issue on my old pc. I showed that to the technician who said that the fault is due to psu only. I got a replacement as things were under warranty and everything worked well. There is no issue rightnow. There is no problem at all now.

There are many reason behind instant shutdown. That can be due to poor connectivity also. Sometime due to heating stuff also such thing happen. It is essential that you must check out the connection and pc health properly. First open the case and disconnect everything. Clean the pc and connect it back. Then go in bios and go in the pc health section. There you can simply checkout the current temperature. If it lies around 40 to 50 degree then that is safe enough. But above can be due to overheating.

I will simply recommend you to change the power supply. It will be good for your hardware. Because if in this way your system keeps on getting shutdown then something inside can get damage. Hard disk is the one that suffers the most. So better replace the cables and check other connectivity stuff and check back. It is necessary you must simply arrange a new psu and then check back. That will be more helpful for you to fix the problem you are facing.

My solution is very basic. Few weeks ago my pc also stops working in between. It just turned off instantly while working in between. I thought the issue was overheating, but everything looks to be working proper here. Later on I changed the power cable and the issue is solved. There is no problem at all with the connectivity. I hope by some minor adjustment such kind of stuff can be resolved with minimum effort. Before going for any major hardware change just check out the cables.