Thread: CPU fan making noise while playing games

CPU fan making noise while playing games

I am playing Crysis 3 here. My system has Intel Core i3 processor with 2GB GPU and 4GB RAM. The system is supported by air cooler. It works fine but there is a problem with the cpu fan. When I play games after a few minutes there is a noise from the cpu case. I am not really sure where the noise is from the cpu fan or from the power supply. I am having zero knowledge about opening the cpu case and checking out what is happening inside. I hope everything is alright here.

Re: CPU fan making noise while playing games

The noise is due to heating. When you play games your cpu is getting more hot. While the cpu fan speed is increased to tackle those heat. If the fan speed will not increase your pc will shutdown after sometime. You can do one thing here. Open the cpu case and clean it. Check out for dust and other stuff in that and remove it. You can also check the fan whether it is fitted properly or not. So just clean your system and then check back. If the system is clean there will be more air ventilation.

It can be due to the psu also. I got the same issue due to a damage psu on my system. There is a huge fan underneath the same. Now if that fan is loose or if has lots of dust then you face such problem. If the psu is working fine then you download and install Sisoft Sandra. It is a system utility that will help you to tuneup your system. The second is Everest, which will give you more information on system heating problem. You can then move ahead with fixing it.

I will recommend you to open the system case and use the blower to remove the dust from it. Regarding the fan noise it is necessary that you change it. You can contact some technician to fix the problem. There are ample of cheap fans available in the market. Go for a good one. There are some nice air cooler that are capable of giving you cooler output in heavy usage. You can also change the heatsink which gets wipe out when you keep on using the system for long time.

Just change your cooler. Download any good cpu monitoring application and keep a eye on the cpu temperature. If it is getting over limit then it is the time to upgrade your cpu fan. There are some really cool models available under Antec. You can get a good fan. It is not really bad to invest on an good fan as it protects your processor for getting damaged. A number of time due to improper cleaning such issue appear. Just clean your fan and then check back. It will be helpful for you.