Thread: My PC does not boot on first time.

My PC does not boot on first time.

I am annoyed with this day to day issue. I am having a system that has Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM and 500GB Hard drive. It is a year old system. It was working well. But from last couple of days a new problem appeared. When I press the power button it does not boot. I have to remove the back cable and insert it again and then it turns on. This is a frequent issue now. It does not boot on first time, unless I re-insert the power cable on the backside. Does anyone know the root cause of problem.

Re: My PC does not boot on first time.

Looks like bad smps. You have to change that. Can you provide more detail on that. I got the issue on a mini cabinet. I had configured that my self. The cabinet came with 240w psu which works fine for some months in the start. But later on problem started appearing. It does not boot when I press the power key. I have to turn off everything for some seconds and when I turn the power back on it boots. I changed the power supply and the problem is resolved.

Before changing the power supply you can try one more simple things. Replace the power cable on the backside. It looks like there is some issue with the connectivity. Try to replace the cable and test it back. I am sure there will be a display on the screen and it will really work fine. Open your cpu case, and clean it. Remove all the dust, change the ram slot and ensure everything is connected properly. Then test it again. I can be due to dust also.

I think your power button on cpu case is not working well. Try to press it harder. I am stilling having the same issue on my pc. I am using a old cpu case. The power button when pressed does not turn on the system for the first time. I press it multiple times and it works. There are tiny soldered wire on the backside. You have to check that they are fine. They might be broken or losing connection due to which the system does not boot on the first time.

It is a smps problem. Before changing that check that the smps cables are well fitted on the motherboard. You can remove it and fix it back. Check the tiny pins that connect the power button with motherboard. There might be loose connection. If nothings works out the add a new smps. It is not really costly. There aer some cheap models available on the web or you can buy that from any hardware shop. This kind of power problem mostly appear due to poor smps.