Thread: left click of Logitech G500 Mouse not working

left click of Logitech G500 Mouse not working

I have been using the Logitech G500 for quite sometime now and recently I came to know that it is having some sort of issue with the left click button, it simply releases the click if I am holding it down for longer time and then it will not work at all. I cannot click or drag anything with this mouse, so can anyone please help me with a solution for this issue? Thanks in advance.
    I may b a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

Re: left click of Logitech G500 Mouse not working

It might be possible that the issue could not be of the mouse but with the usb ports on the motherboard itself. You can try to connect another mouse in the same usb port and see if the problem of left click skipping is happening with the second mouse as well. If that is the case, then change the ports connection and see if that works.

Even I used to have similar problems with my Logitech mouse and the warranty period of 1 year was also over for the same, incase I wanted to exchange. Anyhow, I disassembled the mouse and noticed that the issue was because of poor soldering of the switch that supports the clicks to the circuit board. I am going to take it to a repair shop since I dont have tools to fix this soldering, I hope that it works out in the end.

As per the problem that you have mentioned it definitely seems to be a hardware problem. I will recommend you to use canned compressed air and try to clean the contacts. You just need to pull out some screws from the mouse and then use the canned air to blow around a little white switch of the mouse and see if it solves the problem. If that doesnt work, then you will have to contact the Logitech Support care in your region for solving the mouse problem.

If your logitech mouse in under warranty then you can claim for a replacement for a new mouse. You just need to go to their product page and then select your country/region and then check on a label inside the battery compartment (beneath the batteries) or on the bottom of the product and use it on the below link for knowing the warranty status left for your logitech product:
    http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...tail/a_id/3219