Thread: Adding speaker to cpu case

Adding speaker to cpu case

I need some help on modifying my cpu case. I want to know how can I add a speaker to it. I am talking about simple desktop speaker that I want to integrate inside the cpu case. So that it remains fits with it. I am also not able to find any cpu case that comes with speaker integrated on it. And adding a external is just a bit annoying. It is complicated for travelling. Can anyone guide me here for this process. I am sure there will be some process for the same.

Re: Adding speaker to cpu case

You are talking about custom mod. You will have to do that manually.You can surely add. For that first thing you have to do is create a space inside your pc. You can get a small size speakers and hook them on chassis. Most of the speaker uses 3.5mm jack. And on the motherboard you get additional 9 pin connectors. You can also hook the audio on it. But for that you have to take help from some expert who can provide connectivity solution. That is the only way to add.

Custom mod is complicated. There are some site on web that gives you option to customize your cpu case as per your need. You cn contact them and ask for your requirement. Also remember that it is costly. I am not able to understand why you want to keep the speaker inside the cpu case. There will be problem with audio output. You can simply keep them aside. For laptops you can see a portable speaker panel that is not available in shops.

It is better if you buy portable speakers. That is one of the best solution I think. It will be far more helpful for you to use them on your desktop. Second thing even I also tried the same. But for that you need to learn a bit about speaker connections. There is no harm in using the same. In cases there are no portable speaker models available. You can simply hook that on the case with or without enclosure. The second lies the places. I think you must contact some custom modding people.

That looks complicated. The major issue lies with connectivity. You can simply pull the wire and connect that on the backside of pc, or you can arrange for nine pin connectors that can be connected directly on the motherboard. You can simply use a usb speaker instead of that. And place them appropriately inside. You can use some screw or glue to fix it firmly and open space for the sound. That would work well I think. Or else you have to use it as just like that.