Thread: What is the cost of Android based monitor

What is the cost of Android based monitor

Can anyone tell me which monitors offer android. I had seen some smart tv recently that some manufacturers have launched android tv in the market. I was wondering that does there is any model of pc monitor available with android. It will be great if it is a touchscreen. I went on web to find some models, but there is nothing available. It looks no one is interested in porting android to monitors. This will be of great help. Because on that basis it more advance settings will be provided.

Re: What is the cost of Android based monitor

Only Viewsonic has a model available under android. The model is ViewSonic VSD220. It is a very costly monitor but offers a nice output in several ways. It features all new connectivity standards. If you are looking for a budget model then you will have to wait for some time. No one has attempted yet to offer a more reasonable model on the web. It would not be complicated to find a cheaper android lcd in future. But today you have to go with the regular one.

VSD220 is a very costly monitor. In the amount you can simply get multiple regular widescreen monitor. Android is taking place in certain TV but they are far more costlier than regular one. There is no benefit of buying a tv or monitor that has android or any better os. It is of no use. Because they use relatively low amount of processor which makes it sluggish in performance. There is no great output. Instead of that you can get a nice hd monitor with biggest size. That will be affordable to some extent.

I had seen a video of Viewsonic VSD220. I think it is a good monitor. But really it is costly. At the price of this monitor you can setup a complete gaming pc. VSD220 offers you a touchscreen interface with simple connectivity features. I had also found that there is a heating issue with it if you keep on playing games. Android is slowly taking place in TV, set top box, etc. Instead of costly android monitor why don't you go for a all in one pc. I am sure you will find some great models on the web.

You can try android tv box if you want its interface on your screen. There are small tv box type adapter available that run on android.You can use them to connect to your tv or monitor and play android games. But there is no touchscreen support here. It is just a device and I think you might not get access to google play also. The best thing you can do is buy a nice tablet with hdmi output and use the same to connect to your tv. That would be much more beneficial to some extent.