Thread: Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22 Windows 7 drivers download

Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22 Windows 7 drivers download

Can anyone tell me how to install Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22 in Windows 7, I want to know the step by step guide on how to do it? Recently I did try to install the Vista version of the driver but it only said that "this software isnt designed for this operating system". I wonder whether this is even compatible with Windows 7 or not? Any ideas
    The Gaming Machine:
    Processor: Core 2 Duo E6400
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    RAM: 2GB XMS2 Corsair PC2-6400
    Video: ATI Radeon X1900XT 512MB w/ Arctic Accellero
    Drive: 74GB "WD Raptor" 10000RPM
    Sound: Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi
    Watercooling: *Soon* Zalman Reserator

Re: Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22 Windows 7 drivers download

As per the logitech tech team officials, they have already confirmed that the Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22 webcam is not supported on Windows 7. You can however use it on Windows Vista or XP operating system, only.

I have found a solution that has worked for many people. What you need to do is download the Vista version of the driver for Logitech QuickCam Orbit V-UU22. After the download is complete, right click on it and extract the same driver to C:/programfiles(x86)/logitech /quickcaminstall/. After that it will give you the usual message that your operating system is not supported. After that just close that out of that now go to the location where the files were extracted and then right click on setup and then go to properties and then click on compatability tab and then check mark to run it in Windows Vista Servic Pack 2. You just need to run the setup in the folder and follow all the directions. After the installation is done, you have to reboot the computer. After that right click on logitech webcam icon on your desktop and then go to compatability mode and set it for Windows Vista SP2 again and check that you can open up your webcam or not. It will usually work properly. Hope this helps.

Even if you are getting the message that it is not supported, still it operates properly for chat and other things. But, you cannot install the software to do all the other stuff, although it is plug and play for applications such as gmail video or so. When one of my friend, who was having the same webcam, connected it then Windows 7 installed the drivers automatically and he also used gmail video chat without any problems. So, those whoever is saying that it doesnt support Windows 7, it does actually and installs the driver automatically.