Thread: Logitech c920 webcam lags while making video call

Logitech c920 webcam lags while making video call

I have bought Logitech c920 webcam and for some reason its lagging a lot while making video call. By now I have tried using skype and Facebook for video calling and there is quite a delay between the motion I do and the motion that gets captured, not sure but there is 30 seconds delay in the video and my moves. What might be wrong?? Is there anyone else who has faced the same issue or has any idea about it??

Re: Logitech c920 webcam lags while making video call

Which operating system you are running? Which version of skype you have installed?? Have you tried testing the webcam with latest version of Logitech Webcam Software? If you haven’t, then download it from its official site and cross check if it is working fine there.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

I am running windows 8 in my system and I have installed the latest version of skype. After your suggestion I have tried downloading and installing latest version of Logitech Webcam Software from its official site. Video capturing, image capturing is quite clear with Logitech Software, there is no lag in there. So that mean there is nothing wrong with the camera but then why is not working well with skype and Facebook?? Can there be any incompatibility issue?? I also wanted to add that there was no need of installing any driver manually for getting the webcam working. I mean as soon as I connected it to my system, it got detected and its driver got installed automatically. Do you think I am missing out anything??

If it is working fine with Logitech Webcam Software for recording then it should work with skype as well, as far as I am aware even Facebook uses skype. Anyways, since you have mentioned that its driver got installed automatically. Can you cross check and confirm if it is the latest?
    Just Right click on my computer > select properties > Device manager > Expand “Sound video and game controller” > Right click on webcam driver and click on update. In case old driver might have got installed automatically, then the update process will install the latest one. I am not sure if updating the driver might make any difference but you can give that a try in such case.

I have tried updating the driver but it says “Latest version of the driver is already installed” and something like that. So there is nothing wrong with the driver as well. Let me know if there is anything else that I need to check out further?? Any further help on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Skype needs fast internet for video calling. After going through your discussion, I think your system doesn’t have fast internet speed. Since Logitech c920 webcam has a HD camera for video calling, capturing the video in real-time via skype might need high packet data transfer rate. What is your internet speed?? I have come across some people who were facing such issue on 512 mbs line. If you still doubt my words then you can carry out video calling on some third party free video calling site, since they use some other video calling software you won’t see any lag there.