Thread: Sandisk readycache 32 gb SSD not getting detected

Sandisk readycache 32 gb SSD not getting detected

My friend has landed me his Sandisk readycache 32 gb SSD for installing windows 8. However, it’s not getting detected in my PC. Does that mean there is something wrong with the newly bought SSD or I have to change some settings?? I have connected it to my board sata port using the sata cable that I had received with the board but no luck.

Re: Sandisk readycache 32 gb SSD not getting detected

Before I suggest you anything , I want to know if you have checked it out in device manager?? If not, then go in to device manager and see if it is listed there. In case you don’t see it listed in device manager, than go in to BIOS and see if it is listed under “Integrated peripheral”. Just check out these things first and let me know what you see for further help.

Thanks for the quick reply,
    I have gone through device manager and it’s not listed there. I have gone through BIOS and I see it listed under “Integrated peripheral”. Don’t know for what reason it’s not getting listed under device manager and my computer. Is there anything else I need to check out??? I have to install windows 8 in it and give it back to my friend as soon as possible, so any help on this matter will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Ok, Go in to bios and under “Integrated peripheral” set IDE mode to auto. After that cross check and see if it gets recognized under device manager. It should be listed as unallocated space.
    Since your Sandisk readycache 32 gb SSD will be raw you will have to format it with NTFS. So being in device manager, right click on the unallocated space, select format, select NTFS and click on OK. Once you do that it will get listed in my computer as a new drive and you can simply run your windows 8 iso file and follow the on screen instruction for installing windows 8.

Everything went like a charm, after setting IDE mode to auto it appeared in device manager as unallocated space. I formatted it straight away, assigned it a letter, ran the windows 8 iso file, and pointed the installer to the drive for installing windows 8 successfully. I am surprised by its performance, its booting windows 8 within 10 seconds. As I have mentioned my system is having windows 8 installed on regular internal drives and it takes more than 2 minutes to load everything. I used to think why SSD’s are so costly and I think I have answered myself after installing windows 8 on a SSD.

Yes they are costly but they are worth getting. I am using Sandisk 128 GB SSD and I had never experience such better performance before. As soon as I click on any program, they get loaded in one second where as normal HDD takes at least 5 to 6 seconds to load programs like word, excel etc. SSD are just worth paying for but I wish if their prices could come down.