Thread: Logitech 600 microphone not working with Windows 7

Logitech 600 microphone not working with Windows 7

Hello fellow forum people.

I seem to be having trouble with my microphone and have no idea how to solve it. I'm trying to get a Logitech 600 microphone to work with my Windows 7 OS, and can't seem to get any sound readout. I use Audacity to try and see if I get any sound when talking into it, but get nothing. I tap it lightly on the table and blow in to the mic and get some sound, but even then the sound shown and heard afterwards in Audacity is very little and barely audible. I have turned the sound level all the way up in the Microphone/Line In properties, made sure it's u-muted, and tried three levels of Microphone boost (0.00, +10.0, and +20.0). So, I'm not sure what to do now. Can someone help me?

Note: this microphone uses a mic jack, not a USB.

Re: Logitech 600 microphone not working with Windows 7

Have you tried going to the Control Panel and then Sound and then Recording tab. After that right click on it and make sure that "Show Disabled Devices" is ticked marked. You can also try one thing that if it was unchecked and a new mic appears then you can also tick mark or check it and the mic will start to work again. I found this thing out when my computer had disabled it automatically and was also hiding disabled devices and that was the reason it was not working. Hope that it will work for you.

Sigh... I tried that, but still, no dice.

Have you tried connecting the microphone on some other devices? You can try to connect it into any of the media player's such as the ipod, zune or any other media player headphone jack and then check if you are able to hear the sound from it or not. If you can hear the sound then it might be that the mic jack on your computer could be faulty. If it is not then probably there might be some issues with the Logitech 600 microphone.