Thread: power on problem with my HP ENVY 17-3090NR 3D

sad power on problem with my HP ENVY 17-3090NR 3D

i've HP envy 17 3D 3090NR (bought from USA AMAZON & rightnow i'm in India) ..

I wasnt able to start my laptop today and i tried to pressed power and beats audio button several times and then i could start it but soon after starting laptop, redline appeared in middle of my screen of laptop..

i restarted my laptop, then also it didnt disappear..
    and this line even appears on startup and black screen???

and again after i turned off my laptop, i wasnt able to start my laptop...after much tries, i'm able to turn on laptop rightnow and i hope again after i turn off this time, it wont cause problem in atleast start.

====
    Update:

Well, I think screen problem as if I press screen gently, redline disappears & on releasing pressure, appears again.

But power on problem is terrifying me, 7/10 times I'm not able to start (power on) laptop in pressing power button but after lots of tries of pressing beats audio button & power button together, I can switch it on but I fear if I turn off again & I may not be able to turn on laptop again.

I think it's due to fault in beats audio button ?? (button is sticky??)

Plz help. find me solution

Re: power on problem with my HP ENVY 17-3090NR 3D

Well, the redline problem that you are getting could be because of some conflicts or some damage of the graphics driver. Have you tried uninstalling the video driver from the laptop and then tried installing the latest version of the driver? It could be also a problem with the screen display or its hardware since you mentioned that when you press it gently the redline disappears.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Quote Originally Posted by hockson View Post
    Well, the redline problem that you are getting could be because of some conflicts or some damage of the graphics driver. Have you tried uninstalling the video driver from the laptop and then tried installing the latest version of the driver? It could be also a problem with the screen display or its hardware since you mentioned that when you press it gently the redline disappears.
    obviously redline must be due to screen problem as it disappears if i press on screen..

but wht abt power on problem?
    today fortunately i have used my laptop twice and both times i didnt get problem to power it on but i fear i may get it next time as yesterday i got this problem repetedly..

Well, the power problem of laptop usually happens due to bad battery or it might be failing at some time. Have you tried powering on the laptop with just the power cable plugged in and not the battery? If the laptop is working in this mode then surely there has something to do with the laptop battery which is going bad. Find out any HP support in India and see if they can replace the battery or so.

Quote Originally Posted by t.j. View Post
    Well, the power problem of laptop usually happens due to bad battery or it might be failing at some time. Have you tried powering on the laptop with just the power cable plugged in and not the battery? If the laptop is working in this mode then surely there has something to do with the laptop battery which is going bad. Find out any HP support in India and see if they can replace the battery or so.
    battery is fixed with screws so i cant remove it but fortunately no power on problem since last 2 days..

There was a similar case with a user who was having problem with his Beats Volume Button. It was getting stuck and was not popping up and therefore he got it replaced from the HP center who know about this problem as well. So if you are having this power up issues, then you should whether the Beats Volume Button is no getting stucked or so. If it is getting stucked then call the HP tech support and ask for a replacement, unless you can somehow get the button to pop up.